Due to the 5G era, the mm-Wave (3GPP FR2) technologies and applications are getting more and more important and popular. The global mm-Wave spectrum planning and deployments for 5G and beyond hence are the core. Also, for the mm-Wave wireless communication performance, apparently, radiations of mm-Wave are quite crucial. However, the mm-Wave radiation technologies and solutions, such as antennas, circuits, and measurements, are significantly different from those for the legacy or planned 3GPP FR1 (i.e., non-mm-Wave) cellular bands. As a result, this industry panel will discuss, share and complement the technological understanding of and information updates on the latest hot topics and promising trends, commercialized progress, and emerging developments in mm-Wave spectrum and radiation technologies and solutions for 5G and beyond.
Through this industry panel, the latest updates, deeper understanding, new inspiration, and scope expansion for the researchers and designers from the communications and other communities thus can be achieved to facilitate and benefit their future studies or the product developments.
The industry panel focuses on the challenges and technologies of mm-Wave radiation for 5G and beyond, which includes the latest updates on mm-Wave bands for 5G and B5G, mm-Wave antenna designs, mm-Wave beamformer designs, and OTA (over-the-air) measurements. The discussions and sharing aim to enhance the deeper mutual understanding and enable the further mutual inspirations between AP (antennas and propagation) and Communications communities (but not limited). Therefore, ALL interested audience from all communities are cordially welcome to enjoy this industry panel!
- Opening and introduction (Huan-Chu Huang, Senior Antenna Expert, Visionox Technology Co., Ltd., China)
- Latest updates and promising developments on global mm-Wave spectrum and its deployments for 5G and beyond (Victoria Wang, Senior Standardization Manager, Ericsson (China) Communication Co., Ltd., China)
- Retrospect and prospect on solutions and evolution of integrated mm-Wave and non-mm-Wave antennas for mobile phones of 5G and beyond (Huan-Chu Huang, Senior Antenna Expert, Visionox Technology Co., Ltd., China)
- Mm-Wave beamformer technologies and recent developments for 5G and beyond (Su-Wei Chang, President, TMY Technology Inc., Taiwan)
- OTA measurement requirements, challenges, and technologies for 5G mm-Wave (Yuanyuan Liu, Senior Research Fellow, China Academy of Information and Communications Technology (CAICT), China)
- Open discussions, final Q&A, and closing
Huan-Chu Huang, Senior, Antenna Expert, Visionox Technology Co., Ltd., China
Short-Bio: Huan-Chu Huang received his Ph.D. degree from the institute of Communication Engineering (EM group) at National Taiwan University (NTU), Taipei, Taiwan. Currently, he is an IEEE Senior Member. Since 2005, he has been with several global leading smartphone companies, such as HTC, Nokia, Huawei, Apple, and Vivo, all in the area of antenna designs. To date, he has published 44 IEEE journal and conference papers, held 84 international granted patent families (with more than 120 granted items), and been invited to deliver talks at IEEE conferences for more than 10 times. He also co-authored the three whitepapers of “GTI sub-6 GHz 5G Device”, “5G Millimeter-Wave Technologies”, and “6G New Antenna Technologies” for the wireless communication industry, and is the reviewer for IEEE Access, IEEE AWPL, MOTL, etc. Presently, he is the Senior Antenna Technical Expert and Antenna Team Leader at the Innovation Research Institute of Visionox Technology Co., Ltd., China. His current research interests mainly involve antenna designs for terminal devices. Besides, he is also the industry adviser for the graduate students of Shenzhen University, China, and the level-5 specialist of the international TRIZ association (MATRIZ).